During my first day at Rogers, I was able to meet my amazing Kindergarten class. Full of excitement, I walked around the room and mainly observed the things that the children and the teacher were doing. There was one child that stuck out to me and that was little Cindy. She was very creative, liked to talk, but knew when to do her work and when to have some time to converse with others. During the "opening exercises" I asked Cindy to read a book to me. I was absolutely amazed at how much she already knew! It was at that very moment that I knew I wanted to learn from her in this Audit Trail experience.
During my first meeting with Cindy, I learned a lot about her home life and her experiences with literature. She mentioned that her parents read to her a lot before bed and at various times of the day which is a great start! She was coming to class with reading strategies that most kindergarten students don't use which made Cindy my teacher. I began to talk with Cindy about reading and all she had to say were good things! She was breezing through books that Mrs. Crawford was giving her which gave her a great self-esteem but I felt like she wasn't being challenged to all of her ability. I would have to meet with her and learn more about her world of literacy before I could really begin to learn big things from her.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment